Which animal has dry, scaly skin, usually with bony plates? If you know the difference between reptiles and amphibians, you’d answer reptile. Read on to learn more about the difference between these two animals.
- Have dry skin with scales and bony plates.
- Are cold-blooded and depend on the sun to maintain their body temperatures.
- Some reptiles lay eggs, while others deliver live young.
- Vary greatly in size, from 2-inch lizards to 20-foot pythons.
- Are most often in the tropics, although some species live in forests & deserts.
- Include alligators, crocodiles, lizards, snakes and turtles. Continue reading