Spring is here – time for flea and tick control. Here are some reasons to treat your pet today:
- Some pets develop an allergy to fleas, which leads to a painful skin irritation.
- Fleas can sometimes infect your pet with tapeworm.
- Fleas transmit many types of bacteria, some of which can make humans ill as well as dogs and cats.
Ticks are an even bigger threat. These parasites attach themselves to your pets, and carry the following diseases that are dangerous to both animals and humans:
- Babesiosis, which can cause severe anemia and death in dogs.
- Anaplasmosis, causing fever and malaise.
- Lyme disease, which may cause fever, lethargy, and arthritis. Lyme disease is transmittable to humans, and is a serious illness.
When you treat your pet for fleas and ticks, don’t forget to treat their bedding, crates or houses, and your home. Pet Supermarket carries a variety of flea and tick prevention products to help protect your pet and your home from these annoying and dangerous parasites.