Caring for a litter of baby kittens is a comforting and joyful experience.
To keep them growing strong and healthy requires that you know five basic things:
- Bottles- If the mother is not around, you’ll need to hand feed them. There are specially sized, curved bottle to help you do this.
- Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR): A nutritionally balanced kitten meal product that contains all the nutrients a growing kitten needs.
- Litter Box- Kittens cannot use the bathroom on their own. After every feeding, waking and before going to bed they must be wiped with soft toilet paper until they urinate on their own. They will need litter box that is the right size for them.
- Litter- You can use Yesterday’s News or Feline Pine litter. Just be careful with litter clumps that can stick to their nose and block their airways.
- Heating Pad: Baby kittens without a mother must be kept warm. A kitten’s body temperature is 100 degrees; a heating pad will help them keep them at warm.
Pet Supermarket has everything a kitty needs to stay healthy and happy. We carry a large selection of brushes and other grooming aids, in addition to a wide variety of premium cat foods in various formulations, including foods designed to reduce hairballs. Come in and see us today!